After rallying from fourth to win the San Francisco Mile Stakes (gr. IIIT) one month ago at 46-1 odds, Pepper Crown will try for a second straight graded stakes win at Golden Gate Fields May 26 in the $100,000 All American Stakes (gr. III).
Bred, owned and trained by Alexander Paszkeicz, Pepper Crown secured the first stakes win of his career in the San Francisco Mile by three-quarters of a length April 26 and improved to three wins in four career turf starts. He will try the mile distance again on Monday but will move to the main track's Tapeta surface for the All American.
The expected field of seven includes the top four finishers from the San Francisco Mile. Pepper Crown will be joined by the runner-up from that race, the 13-10 favorite Summer Hit, along with third-place finisher Hudson Landing, and fourth-place runner Longview Drive.
Southern California-based You Know I Know will try to take care of some business as the grade I-placed runner will try to secure the first stakes win of his career. Trained by John Sadler, You Know I Know finished third in last year's Pacific Classic (gr. I) and will be making his first start since a third-place finish in the Hagyard Fayette Stakes (gr. II) in October at Keeneland.
$100,000 All American Stakes (gr. III, race 7, approximate post time 3:45 p.m. PDT) 3YO&Up, one mile
PP, Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer
1. You Know I Know (KY), E. Trujillo, 122, J. Sadler
2. China Prince (CA), D. Carr, 122, C. Dollase
3. Pepper Crown (CA), A. Cedillo, 122, A. Paszkeicz
4. Minister Vivendi (CA), R. Ronzalez, 122, W. Delia
5. Longview Drive (KY), W. Antongeorgi, 122, J. Hollendorfer
6. Hudson Landing (KY), J. Hernandez, 122, B. Wright
7. Summer Hit (CA), R. Baze, 122, J. Hollendorfer