"We are delighted that John is willing to continue his commitment to TOC and to Thoroughbred racing in California," said TOC Chairman Jack Owens. "We are fortunate to have a person with John Van de Kamp's dedication to our sport and tremendous credibility and stature both inside and outside the racing community.
"Under John's leadership we have secured tax relief for the industry, approval of account wagering, ADW contracts with Magna and YouBet that are a breakthrough for owners and a strong leadership voice in California Thoroughbred racing for our owners. When you have a successful coach or manager, you recognize his value and sign him up for the long haul."
Van de Kamp formerly served as California's attorney general and as district attorney of Los Angeles County. He has a long and distinguished career in both the public and private sectors.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu Stakes
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double