"We are delighted that John is willing to continue his commitment to TOC and to Thoroughbred racing in California," said TOC Chairman Jack Owens. "We are fortunate to have a person with John Van de Kamp's dedication to our sport and tremendous credibility and stature both inside and outside the racing community.
"Under John's leadership we have secured tax relief for the industry, approval of account wagering, ADW contracts with Magna and YouBet that are a breakthrough for owners and a strong leadership voice in California Thoroughbred racing for our owners. When you have a successful coach or manager, you recognize his value and sign him up for the long haul."
Van de Kamp formerly served as California's attorney general and as district attorney of Los Angeles County. He has a long and distinguished career in both the public and private sectors.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day