Oaklawn Cancels Sunday Card After Fourth Race
Date Posted: 3/2/2014 4:55:20 PM
Last Updated: 3/3/2014 8:38:44 AM

Photo: Coady Photography

Deteriorating weather conditions forced Oaklawn Park to cancel after the fourth race March 2.

The decision to cancel came after jockeys at the Hot Springs, Ark., track met following the race Sunday. As of 3 p.m. CST, the temperature was 36 degrees with rain and a mixture of freezing rain and sleet.

A winter storm warning was issued for the central part of Arkansas including Little Rock and Hot Springs that will remain in effect until 6 a.m. Monday, March 3.

The game room at Oaklawn will remain open as well as the track for simulcast wagering.

Live racing at Oaklawn is to resume Thursday, March 6.



Copyright © 2014 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

SUBSCRIBE to The Blood-Horse magazine TODAY!