Owner Ken Ramsey said Aug. 16 that trainer Mike Maker discovered some filling in the tendon of multiple graded stakes winner Dark Cove, and the morning line second-choice will scratch from the $400,000 American St. Leger Aug. 17 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session