Owner Ken Ramsey said Aug. 16 that trainer Mike Maker discovered some filling in the tendon of multiple graded stakes winner Dark Cove, and the morning line second-choice will scratch from the $400,000 American St. Leger Aug. 17 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- NTRA Announces NHC Dates, Updated Rules
- Belmont Stakes News Update for June 2