Miss Linda was a graded stakes winner in Argentina as a 3-year-old in 2000 and last year won the Lady's Secret at Monmouth Park on Aug. 5 by 7 1/2-lengths. Her most impressive win came in the Spinster Stakes (gr. 1) at Keeneland on Oct. 7. She then was sixth, beaten 4 1/2-lengths, in the Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. 1) at Belmont Park on Oct. 27 and was fourth in the Falls City Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs in her season finale on Nov. 22.
Richard Migliori has ridden Miss Linda in her last five races, including both stakes wins, and will have the mount in the Sabin.Challenging Miss Linda, will be Tap Dance, who is undefeated on the main Gulfstream oval for trainer Mark Henning. Her only loss at Gulfstream came in the Gaily Gaily Stakes. Tap Dance hit the gate and bobbled at the start finishing sixth, beaten only 1 1/2-lengths on the turf. Trainer Shug McGaughey has shipped Search Party from her Aqueduct baseto contest the Sabin. Search Party has run at Aqueduct in her last three starts. She won an allowance race on Nov. 1, and then was third in another allowance race at that track on Dec. 7. In her last start, on Jan. 12, she had to steady early then rallied mildly to finish third in the Affectionately Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys