"Hopefully, he can take the business forward. It is entirely appropriate that when people think of the BBA, they will think of Anthony Stroud and good positive things, and they won't think of public companies and shareholders.
The BBA has already announced that it wants to change its name at some point before September to Newmarket Investments. Its major remaining assets are property ones, including the Newmarket headquarters Queensberry House, though it still wholly owns the BBA Stallion Department, run by Martin Percival, and marketing operation Barnes Thompson, and holds a 25% stake in BBA Shipping and Transport which is headed by Kevin Needham, who now owns the other 75%.Hayes added: "We are obviously investigating all the ways of maximizing the value of the properties. We are recommending changing the name to Newmarket Investments which will reflect the fact that it is going to be a broader company, with a wider range of activities."A shareholder's revolt in March last year led to Hayes taking over the running of the BBA and since then the company's Irish wing has gone for £2 million to its management in a deal led by Adrian Nicoll. The insurance arm was purchased for £965,000 by Hamilton and partners.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams