Last year's Diana Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Dream Peace is the 6-5 morning-line favorite in the Beaugay Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 4 at Belmont Park where she will try to secure her first North American stakes win.
The Beaugay, at 1 1/16 miles on turf for fillies and mares, shares top billing on Belmont's Kentucky Derby day card with the Fort Marcy, also at 1 1/16 miles on turf. The Beaugay, which follows the Fort Marcy by about one hour, is race 9 with a scheduled post time of 5:17 p.m. EDT.
A group II winner in France, Etreham Farm's Dream Peace has placed in four grade I stakes in North America, including last year's runner-up finish to Winter Memories in the Diana on the Saratoga turf. She also recorded a third-place finish in last fall's Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes (gr. I) won by Nahrain on the turf at Belmont.
A 5-year-old Dansili mare, Dream Peace won the 2011 Prix de la Nonette Shadwell (Fr-II) at Deauville.
New York-bred Hessonite will break from the rail. The 5-year-old daughter of Freud has won seven restricted stakes and has twice placed in grade III stakes races.
$150,000 Beaugay Stakes (gr. III, race 9, approximate post time 5:17 p.m.) F&M, 3 YO& Up, 1 1/16 miles, turf
PP, Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer, Odds
1. Hessonite (NY), J. Alvarado, 117, D. Donk, 5-1
2. Ruthenia (KY), E. Castro, 117, C. Clement, 12-1
3. Suroof (KY), A. Solis, 117, M. Wolfson, 15-1
4. Naples Bay (KY), C. Velasquez, 119, C. Clement, 12-1
5. Peace Preserver (KY), I. Ortiz, 117, T. Pletcher, 8-1
6. Pianist (KY), C. DeCarlo, 117, C. Brown, 6-1
7. Dream Peace (IRE), J. Ortiz, 117, C. Brown, 6-5
8. Dealbata (IRE), R. Maragh, 117, C. Brown, 5-1
9. (MTO) Centring (KY), TBA, 117, T. Albertrani, 8-5