De Bertie ran 1 1/16 miles in 1:45.60 on a fast track, paying $4.60, $3.40, and $3 as the 13-10 favorite. Sara's Success paid $9.80 and $6 and completed the $76.80 exacta. Lily's Affair returned $20.40 to show.
The winner, a 5-year-old daughter of De Niro owned by Bertram, Elaine and Richard Klein, raised her earnings to $399,890. The win marks her third career stakes win at Gulfstream Park, where she won the Rampart (gr. II) and Sabin (gr. III) Handicaps there last year. She has won eight of 20 career starts after being purchased for $46,000 as a yearling. Nicholas F. Brady bred her in Kentucky.Jockey Manuel Aguilar was thrown to the track on the first turn when his mount, Halo Reality, clipped heels with Miss Kate. Aguilar appeared to escape serious injury but was to be taken to a hospital for precautionary X-rays. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay