Magic Millions director John Singleton topped Friday's action with his Danehill--Strawberry Girl filly, which was knocked down for $650,000 (Australian). The filly was sold to David Lamond.In all, 180 yearlings were sold on Friday for a gross of $15,794,000 and an average price of $87,744.The clearance rate rose from 75% Thursday to 86% Friday. Over the first two sessions, 282 yearlings have sold for a gross of $24,504,000, an average of $86,894.
During Friday's session, two high priced lots - a $625,000 Grand Lodge colt and a $525,000 Octagonal colt - were snapped up by Tim Boland acting as agent for Dubai-based Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa al Maktoum. Boland also picked two other colts, by Snippets and Rory' s Jester for $150,000 and $130,000 respectively during the first session.The first of the two Sunday Silence fillies was sold to international trainer Graeme Rogerson for $420,000. After buying four yearlings Thursday, Auckland based bloodstock expert Rob McAnulty was again in the thick of the action. McAnulty has now purchased eight youngsters for a total of $587,500. Another New Zealander Paul Moroney has forked out $662,500 to date for six youngsters - five fillies and one colt.Mark Pilkington is currently the leading individual purchaser with eleven yearlings, which total $1,365,000. Graeme Rogerson has also been busy. His ten buys so far have totaled $1,242,000. The Denise Martin-led Star Thoroughbreds have now picked up eight for a total of $380,000.
Local bloodstock agent John Foote has purchased six horses for $757,500. Most are likely to join the David Hall stable for his millionaire owner Tony Santic.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014