Arc 1-2 Finishers Entered in Japan Cup
by Tracy Gantz
Date Posted: 11/22/2012 7:46:09 AM
Last Updated: 11/24/2012 1:49:37 PM
Solemia (near) and Orfevre finished one-two in the 2012 Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.
Solemia and Orfevre, the one-two finishers in the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I), have drawn posts 14 and 17, respectively, in the Nov. 25 Japan Cup (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Racecourse.
That puts Orfevre, the winner of the 2011 Japanese Triple Crown and the country's 2011 Horse of the Year, on the outside for the 2,400-meter race, which offers a purse of ¥521 million (about $6,512,000). The race attracted 12 from Japan, including 2012 Japanese filly Triple Crown winner Gentildonna, who drew post 15, and five from Europe.
In addition to Solemia, the European runners are Sri Putra, post 2; Mount Athos, post 5; Red Cadeaux, post 6; and Jakkalberry, post 11. Jakkalberry won the inaugural American St. Leger Aug. 18 at Arlington Park.
The complete order of runners for the Japan Cup in post-position order and their riders are:
1) Beat Black, Syu Ishibashi
2) Sri Putra, Neil Callan
3) Jaguar Mail, William Buick
4) Fenomeno, Masayoshi Ebina
5) Mount Athos, Ryan Moore
6) Red Cadeaux, Gerald Mosse
7) Meisho Kampaku, Hiroyuki Uchida
8) Eishin Flash, Christophe Lemaire
9) Oken Bruce Lee, Suguru Hamanaka
10) Dark Shadow, Mirco Demuro
11) Jakkalberry, Colm O'Donoghue
12) Rose Kingdom, Yutaka Take
13) Rulership, Craig Williams
14) Solemia, Olivier Peslier
15) Gentildonna, Yasunari Iwata
16) Tosen Jordan, Christophe Soumillon
17) Orfevre, Kenichi Ikezoe
Copyright © 2015 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.