The 20th annual International Simulcast Conference, to be held at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, Fla., Oct. 1-3, will continue to look forward as the wagering marketplace grows and evolves.
Speakers will address the likely business environment for racing in the future, the progress required to survive strong competition, and the necessary enhancements to the current components of simulcasting.
Among the topics to be discussed:
• The impact of current plans to introduce lotteries, poker, casino gambling, VLTs and sports betting on the internet;
• An overview of the TRPB Tote Security Initiative;
• Progress on high definition telecasts;
• Horse shortage and scheduling;
• Smart phone wagering apps;
• Wireless on-track wagering.
The International Simulcast Conference is co-sponsored by the Thoroughbred Racing Associations of North America and Harness Tracks of America, in association with the American Greyhound Track Operators Association. Conference attendance requires registration with the TRA.
Hotel reservations are available at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort by calling 772-595-1611 and requesting the “International Simulcast Conference” room rate. The deadline for both hotel reservations and conference registration is Sept. 14. For more information, including the conference registration form, please visit www.tra-online.com.