A full field of 14 juvenile fillies including stakes winners Sweet Redemption, American Sugar and Gold Edge passed the entry box for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III), run at a one-turn mile over Polytrack Sept. 8 at Arlington Park.
The Arlington-Washington Lassie is carded as race eight, with an approximate post time of 4:50 p.m. CDT. It is immediately preceded by the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III), its counterpart for 2-year-old males.
Sweet Redemption, the 121 highweight in the field, broke her maiden for Southern Chase Farm in her lone trip to the post when closing to get up in the waning strides of the $150,000 Ontario Debutante on Polytrack at Woodbine
Aug. 11. The Indiana-bred daughter of D'wildcat
is trained by Greg de Gannes and will be ridden by Alex Solis from post five.
Gold Edge, who races in the colors of Dolphus Morrison and is trained by Lon Wiggins, sports a perfect record with a June 24 five-furlong maiden tally at Churchill Downs
and Arlington's $65,000 Lisa M Stakes when stretching out to seven panels Aug. 4. Chris Emigh rides the daughter of Eddington
from the four hole as part of a 119-pound assignment.
Poindexter Thoroughbreds' American Sugar has already made four trips postward in her young career, winning twice including a score in the $75,000 Prairie Gold Lassie at six furlongs at Prairie Meadows
on July 21. Three weeks later, the Hugh Roberston-trained daughter of Harlan's Holiday
ran third in the $60,000 Prairie Meadows Juvenile Mile around two turns at that Iowa oval. She also carries 119; Seth Martinez picks up the mount from post nine.
Of that quartet, Quiet Success brings the most impressive credentials with a runner-up finish in both the Debutante (gr. III) at Churchill in June and the Prairie Gold Lassie the following month. James Graham picks up the mount from the 10 hole aboard the Tom Amoss-trained daughter of Successful Appeal
, who carries 117 pounds.
The Tim Hamm-trained Love Me Good was fourth in Churchill's Debutante and later ran third in the $50,000 Our Mims at Delaware Park
. The daughter of Jazil
will have the services of Arlington's leading rider Francisco Torres from post 11; she also has a weight assignment of 117.
Dancing Elliebelle, third in the Prairie Gold Lassie, beat male rivals in allowance company at Canterbury Park
last out. Tanner Riggs, fresh off his leading rider title at that Minnesota oval, rides the Pure Prize
filly under 119 pounds for trainer Bobby Springer.
Bridgette Bordeaux, a winner at first asking for trainer Carlos Silva, most recently was third in the Lisa M. Robby Albarado has been named to ride the Illinois-bred daughter of Medaglia d'Oro
, carrying 117, from post eight.
PP, Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer
1. Dancinginthecircle (KY), R.B. Homeister Jr., 117, J L Jones
2. Bethany Belle (KY), D. Sanchez, 117, A M Hansen
3. You Bought Her (FL), J.E. Felxi, 117 D H Hinsley
4. Gold Edge (KY), C.A. Emigh, 119, L Wiggins
5. Sweet Redemption (IN), A.O. Solis, 121, G de Gannes
6. Custody (KY), G.K. Gomez, 117, A M Stall, Jr.
7. Dancing Elliebelle (KY), T. Riggs, 119, F R Springer
8. Bridgette Bordeaux (IL), R. Albarado, 117, C H Silva
9. American Sugar (KY), S.B. Martinez, 119, H H Robertson
10. Quiet Success (KY), J. Graham, 117, T M Amoss
11. Love Me Good (KY), F.C. Torres, 117, T E Hamm
12. Flying Rapunzel (KY), M. Mena, 117, W M Catalano
13. La Song (KY), J. Sanchez, 117, W M Catalano
14. Pappascat, J.K. Court, 117, G W Simms