After a half-mile in :45 2/5, Grandma Lu had fallen 2 1/4 lengths behind Raging Fever. After that call, Two Item Limit moved up from third to second, but Raging Fever still held the lead. Leaving the turn for home, Raging Fever had daylight on the field and lengthened her lead as Two Item Limit and Secret Love chased after her, but the gap simply widened as the winner finished the 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:17.47, just over nine lengths ahead of Two Item Limit. It was another 9 1/4 lengths to Secret Love. Raging Fever went off at 9-10 and paid $3.90. At 13-1 a show bet on Two Item Limit paid $7.20. Tricky Elaine lost contact with the field and finished last.
The winner was bred in Kentucky by Edward Evans and races in his colors with trainer Mark Hennig. For the first time, Jerry Bailey had the mount on Raging Fever. In her last two starts, both wins, John Velazquez was aboard.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce