Musir will try for his fourth consecutive win when he takes on 13 others in the $200,000 Burj Nahaar Sponsored by Emirates Sky Cargo (UAE-III) at Meydan Racecourse March 10. The eight-furlong event is one of six stakes races that compose the superb “Super Saturday” program at Meydan.
The races serve as key preps for the $27 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) program on March 31.
Musir has been perfect so far during the Dubai World Cup Carnival, scoring impressive victories in the Al Rashidiya Sponsored by Dubai Duty Free (UAE-IIT) and Al Maktoum Challenge-Round 1 Sponsored by Etisalat (UAE-III). The 6-year-old son of Redoute's Choice began his win streak last September, when he annexed the International Topkapi Trophy (Tur-IIT) at Veliefendi Racecourse in Turkey. The Mike de Kock trainee is versatile, having won stakes on both turf and all-weather courses.
Regular rider Christophe Soumillon will be in the irons.
Trainer Herman Brown will send out Gitano Hernando, one of two runners the South African trainer will have in the Burj Nahaar. The 6-year-old horse has been quite a world traveler, and has won group I/grade I races from California to Singapore. Formerly owned by Team Valor, the chestnut was purchased privately before last year’s Dubai World Cup, where he finished sixth. Since then, Gitano Hernando has started in both Hong Kong and Singapore, notching a victory in the Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sing-I). Richard Hughes will ride.
African Story is one of two runners that will be representing Godolphin. The 5-year-old Pivotal gelding was originally trained by Andre Fabre, and was stakes-placed in France last season. Since being transferred to Saeed bin Suroor, the chestnut has won a seven-furlong handicap and finished a close third in the Firebreak Stakes Sponsored by Dubal (UAE-III). Frankie Dettori will ride.
$200,000 Burj Nahaar Sponsored by Emirates Sky Cargo (gr. III, Race 5, 9:50 a.m. EST), 3YOs (SH-bred) and up, 8 furlongs (Tapeta).
PP, Horse, Wgt., Jockey, Trainer
1. Musir (Aus), 126, C. Soumillon, M. de Kock
2. Dux Scholar (GB), 126, R. Moore, H. Brown
3. Rajsaman (Fr), 126, R. Ffrench, A. Al Raihe
4. African Story (GB) 126, L. Dettori, S. bin Suroor
5. Kavango (Ire), 126, P. Cosgrave, M. bin Shafya
6. Silver Ocean (KY), 126, K. Fallon, N. Peterson
7. Dysphonia (Aus), 121, S. de Sousa, S. bin Suroor
8. Vagabond Shoes (Ire), 126, O. Peslier, S. Chevalier
9. Maraheb (GB), 126, T. O’Shea, A. Al Raihe
10. Jardim (Brz), 126, K. Shea, M. de Kock
11. Gitano Hernando (GB), 126, R. Hughes, H. Brown
12. Snaafy (KY), 126, R. Hills, M. Al Muhairi
13. Sooraah (GB), 121, J. Spencer, W. Haggas
14. Le Drakkar (Aus), 126, C. Sanchez, A. bin Huzaim