On the table is an industry-backed plan to permit placement of VLTs at many of the state's racetracks, though the proposal has advanced from one quietly made a couple months ago by Pataki to permit the devices only on a trial basis at Aqueduct. New York Racing Association chairman Barry Schwartz, according to sources, helped broker plans to expand the proposal to include Standardbred tracks.Sources said the plan under consideration, as of press time, includes VLTs at Aqueduct, Yonkers Raceway, Vernon Downs, and possibly either Monticello Raceway or Finger Lakes. The plan, however, has ruffled the feathers of tracks not on the short list of possible sites.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- Chasing Landaluce