CDI Foundation To Offer Derby/Oaks Auction
by Blood-Horse Staff
Date Posted: 3/1/2011 11:21:04 AM
Last Updated: 3/3/2011 4:19:11 PM
Churchill Downs Incorporated Foundation March 1 announced its first fundraising initiative, an online/e-mail auction of five Kentucky Derby and Oaks ticket packages. Proceeds from the sale of the Kentucky Derby and Oaks ticket packages will benefit the CDI Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization founded by Churchill Downs Inc. in 2001, to support charitable organizations that assist the horse racing and gaming industries, as well as non-profit organizations that promote public welfare, education, and the arts.
The CDI Foundation Kentucky Derby online/e-mail auction registration will begin immediately, with the auction commencing Monday, April 11, 2011, and concluding Wednesday, April 20, at a live event at the TwinSpires.com offices in Lexington. Each Kentucky Derby and Oaks ticket package will include:
• Two tickets/seats to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) May 6 in the Skye 5 Lounge, including Chef’s Table Buffet, premium bar, program, and private betting window;
• Two tickets/seats to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) May 7, in the Skye 5 Lounge, including Chef’s Table Buffet, premium bar, program, and private betting window;
• One guided stable area tour for two at Churchill Downs during Kentucky Derby week (winner’s choice of dates between Friday, April 29, and Thursday, May 5);
• One guided, interior tour for two of Churchill Downs Kentucky Oaks Day, including all levels of the clubhouse and the Jockey Club Suites;
• One guided tour and bourbon sampling for two at the Woodford Reserve Distillery in Versailles, Ky., along with Woodford Reserve souvenirs;
• Official Kentucky Derby and Oaks souvenirs.
• Single package bonus: One of the five Kentucky Derby and Oaks ticket packages being auctioned will include a SKYBAR limousine round trip from the winning bidder’s home within 100 miles of Churchill Downs on Kentucky Oaks and Derby Days, at the time of the winning bidder’s choice. The highest bidder of the five Kentucky Derby and Oaks ticket packages will be the winning bidder of the SKYBAR limousine perk. (Note: The limousine fits a total of 10 people, so eight additional guests could join from the point of origination.)
Churchill Downs Incorporated has been the sole funding source for the CDI Foundation since its inception in 2001. However, in October 2010 the company named Liz Harris, a corporate vice president, as the CDI Foundation’s executive director with the mission of raising funds to grow the organization’s financial support of worthy causes around the country.
“In the coming year, we look forward to working diligently to grow public awareness of the CDI Foundation and expand the scope of its contributions at the national, state and local level,” said Harris in a statement. “The CDI Foundation is pleased to offer financial and in-kind support for registered 501 (c) (3) non-profit organizations whose work and focus fall within our giving guidelines.”
For more information about the CDI Foundation, including grant applicant guidelines and a downloadable grant application form, visit www.ChurchillDowns.com/Foundation.
Copyright © 2013 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.