Drosselmeyer Out of Mineshaft Handicap
by Blood-Horse Staff
Date Posted: 2/13/2011 4:26:45 PM
Last Updated: 2/15/2011 1:15:00 PM

Drosselmeyer
Photo: Rick Samuels

WinStar Farm’s 2010 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Drosselmeyer   will not be running in the Feb. 19 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) at Fair Grounds, according a press release from the Louisiana track.

“I’m told he spiked a temperature yesterday,” said Fair Grounds stakes coordinator Scott Jones during training hours Feb. 13.

The Mineshaft was to be Drosselemeyer’s first race this year and his first since capturing the Belmont last June. He had been assigned the top weight of 122 pounds. Following the Mineshaft, the 4-year-old son of Distorted Humor   was supposed to tackle the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 26.
 



Copyright © 2014 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

SUBSCRIBE to The Blood-Horse magazine TODAY!