NTRA Moment of the Year Voting Underway
Updated: Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:24 AM
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 2:49 PM
Photo: Anne M. Eberhardt
Blind Luck's narrow victory in the Kentucky Oaks is one of the choices for NTRA Moment of the Year.Order This Photo
Voting is underway at the National Thoroughbred Racing Association website, www.ntra.com, for the 12th annual “NTRA Moment of the Year.” Voters can choose from among 12 images, drawn from the year’s events.
The winning Moment will be recognized on Jan. 17, 2011 at the Eclipse Awards ceremony in Miami Beach, and those selecting the winning image automatically will be entered in a random drawing for a $100 gift certificate to the NTRA.com Online Memorabilia Store.
The Moments were selected to illustrate a wide range of human emotions and achievements as well as outstanding displays of equine athleticism. Listed chronologically, the images and events that fans can choose from are:
- Eskendereya rolls home in Aqueduct’s Wood Memorial by nearly 10 lengths
- Borel works his Derby magic again as Super Saver captures the Run for the Roses
- Lookin at Lucky demolishes the field in the Izod Haskell Invitational at Monmouth
- Calvin Borel and Javier Castellano fight in the winner’s circle following the BC Marathon
- Uncle Mo stays undefeated with convincing triumph in Grey Goose Breeders’ Cup Juvenile
- Goldikova unleashes powerful turn of foot to win her third straight TVG Breeders’ Cup Mile
- Blame wins Breeders’ Cup Classic, denying Zenyatta’s attempt for a 20th consecutive victory
Fans 18 years and older can register to vote online at www.ntra.com
. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST on Jan. 3, 2011. A complete set of rules is available at www.ntra.com
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!