D. Wayne Lukas, a winner of a record 18 Breeders’ Cup races, is hoping he gets a chance to add to that number with Double Eagle Ranch and Buena Suerte Equine’s Mine That Bird, winner of the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). He is pointing the 4-year-old to the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) on Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs, though he is not confident the gelding will draw in.
Most Popular Stories
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea