Jockey Robby Albarado suffered a fractured clavicle and left index finger and thumb when he fell from his horse during the gallop out of the first race at Saratoga Aug. 11. The injuries were discovered at Albany Medical Center, where 36-year-old Albarado was taken after riding the Merrill Scherer-trained Hunt for Candie, a 3-year-old filly, to finish sixth in the 5 1/2 furlong event on the Mellon turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win