Jockey Robby Albarado suffered a fractured clavicle and left index finger and thumb when he fell from his horse during the gallop out of the first race at Saratoga Aug. 11. The injuries were discovered at Albany Medical Center, where 36-year-old Albarado was taken after riding the Merrill Scherer-trained Hunt for Candie, a 3-year-old filly, to finish sixth in the 5 1/2 furlong event on the Mellon turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates