Jockey Robby Albarado suffered a fractured clavicle and left index finger and thumb when he fell from his horse during the gallop out of the first race at Saratoga Aug. 11. The injuries were discovered at Albany Medical Center, where 36-year-old Albarado was taken after riding the Merrill Scherer-trained Hunt for Candie, a 3-year-old filly, to finish sixth in the 5 1/2 furlong event on the Mellon turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Lenny's Place - Episode 1
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding