Schoolyard Dreams, who finished ahead of winner Super Saver in the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III), fired a bullet five-furlong work in :59 3/5 at Monmouth Park with jockey Eibar Coa in the irons. It was fastest of 12 works at the distance the morning of May 6 and left trainer Derek Ryan brimming with confidence heading into Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Late-Running Longshots Key to Derby Super
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief to Undergo Nuclear Scan