Longshot Al Shemali took over from a trio of American horses in upper stretch and pulled away to win the $5 million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) by 1 1/2 lengths March 27 at Meydan Racecourse. The English-bred 6-year-old horse is owned by Sheikh Hamdan and was ridden to victory by Royston Ffrench.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Compound Pharmacy Reinforces Safety Standards