From The Saratoga Special, reprinted with permissionWorth Repeating: "We didn't bring Buckpasser here to listen to the Philadelphia Orchestra.."--Landon Manning speaking with Eddie Neloy, trainer of Buckpasser, before the 1966 Travers. (From Manning's "Extra Sugar for Kelso")."Good thing Elliott's six foot four and 250 pounds because I told him, 'now the weight's on your shoulders'. "--Trainer John Kimmel joking about Elliott Walden taking over the training of Pompeii"He's training like a marine."--Trainer Steven Young on a young horse"Listen, the world won't end."--Trainer P.G. Johnson giving instructions to Richard Migliore for the Travers"They say he won 10 races in France. He ran a mile in 1:33 at Belmont. I guess if they're going a mile I can pick them up."--Bill Mott about his pony SolozanoName of the Day:
Joe Can't Quit (third race). Back on the office theme here. Co- editor and publisher Joe Clancy this one's for you. You can't quit, my man.Weather
Sunday: Partly cloudy. High around 80. Winds south 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday night: Variably cloudy with showers. Low near 63. Light south to southwest winds. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
Monday (24 hours): Partly cloudy with scattered thunderstorms ending late. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Tuesday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Skies becoming clear late. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Wednesday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows near 60.Contact Sean Clancy via e-mail at email@example.com or telephone at 518-581-1947.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award