From The Saratoga Special, reprinted with permissionWorth Repeating: "We didn't bring Buckpasser here to listen to the Philadelphia Orchestra.."--Landon Manning speaking with Eddie Neloy, trainer of Buckpasser, before the 1966 Travers. (From Manning's "Extra Sugar for Kelso")."Good thing Elliott's six foot four and 250 pounds because I told him, 'now the weight's on your shoulders'. "--Trainer John Kimmel joking about Elliott Walden taking over the training of Pompeii"He's training like a marine."--Trainer Steven Young on a young horse"Listen, the world won't end."--Trainer P.G. Johnson giving instructions to Richard Migliore for the Travers"They say he won 10 races in France. He ran a mile in 1:33 at Belmont. I guess if they're going a mile I can pick them up."--Bill Mott about his pony SolozanoName of the Day:
Joe Can't Quit (third race). Back on the office theme here. Co- editor and publisher Joe Clancy this one's for you. You can't quit, my man.Weather
Sunday: Partly cloudy. High around 80. Winds south 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday night: Variably cloudy with showers. Low near 63. Light south to southwest winds. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
Monday (24 hours): Partly cloudy with scattered thunderstorms ending late. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Tuesday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Skies becoming clear late. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.
Wednesday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows near 60.Contact Sean Clancy via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 518-581-1947.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses