From The Saratoga Special, reprinted with permissionWorth Repeating:"I got three words for you. Sec-re-tariat."--The ever quotable Toadie Taylor to Mark Hennig when Summer Colony was on her way to a 32-length score"I want the worst horse you have in your barn."--Jock's agent Steve Adika, trying a different approach with trainer Philip England"What a country."--Trainer Rene Araya, seeing Chico the shoe shine man talking on a cell phone"You can trade those American riders in for some Deutschmarks." --An unidentified fan watching Germany's Silvano win the Arlington MillionName of the Day:
Tugger (eighth race).
The names are either getting weaker or we're getting dumber but today's was tough. We went with personal sentimentality. We had an old Yellow Labrador Retriever named Tugger. If she's anything like him, she's the greatest.How about when Tom Durkin calls a horse's name with double letters? Remember Sssosa? His version of Pinky Pizwaanski's win in Friday's fifth was unforgettable. He let out a Pizwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanski in the stretch that lasted until post time for the sixth.Contact Sean Clancy via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 518-581-1947.
Most Popular Stories
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse Horizontal Navigation: Sales