From The Saratoga Special, reprinted with permissionName of the Day
Sticking with the help wanted theme, Reporter (fifth race). Send em over."I'll subscribe now."
Consignor Bettina Jenney after her Kingmambo yearling sold for $3 million"He doesn't owe us anything."
Assistant trainer Todd Wyatt about John's Call before the Sword Dancer"He doesn't have a heart, he's got a gizzard."
Jock's agent about a trainer"Yeah, but I go long."
Groom responding to his bosses comment, "you didn't break too sharply today." One Cool Moment
After Sunday's Sword Dancer, Pat Day pulled the tack off With Anticipation, stopped, and stretched. Joyce, groom of the winner, snapped a shank on the horse, stopped, and leaned. Groom and jockey hugged right there in the winner's circle. With Anticipation just stood there like a nephew at a family reunion. Joyce walked out of the winner's circle wiping the tears from her eyes. They hosed the horse off while he pawed the ground. Then they walked home.Weather
Monday: Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms. High around 80F. Winds mostly west to northwest, less than 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.Monday night: Partly cloudy. Low around 61F. Winds near calm.Tuesday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. A chance of isolated thunderstorms beginning late. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s.Wednesday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s.Thursday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s.Contact Sean Clancy via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 518-581-1947.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- AmWest Offers Players Chance to Help TCA
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler