From The Saratoga Special, reprinted with permission"Well, I've always done well with homebreds but you can get lucky or unlucky from either spot."--Trainer Bill Mott after buying $2.4-million yearling"You look like 10 miles of bad road."--Toadie Taylor to a worn out writer"I hope nothing."--Steeplechase jockey Gus Brown to the question, "What's the difference of you riding Praise The Prince and Jerry Bailey riding Hap?""$3.3-million? Well, I got the three . . . hell I don‚t even have the three."--The ever quotable Denny McCabeMarketing Tool of the Week:
Ice Cream. Bluewater Sales has a barn full of yearlings and cart full of ice cream at the sales. We don't know anything about the horses but that ice cream sandwich this morning hit the spot.Name of the Day: No Deadline (sixth race). Tell that to our printer.
Friday: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a thunderstorm. High around 85F. Winds SW 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30%.Friday night: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a thunderstorm. Low around 62F. Winds mostly N to NW less than 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 30%.Saturday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s.Sunday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.Monday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.Contact Sean Clancy via e-mail at email@example.com or telephone at 518-581-1947.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita