From The Saratoga Special, reprinted with permission"Well, I've always done well with homebreds but you can get lucky or unlucky from either spot."--Trainer Bill Mott after buying $2.4-million yearling"You look like 10 miles of bad road."--Toadie Taylor to a worn out writer"I hope nothing."--Steeplechase jockey Gus Brown to the question, "What's the difference of you riding Praise The Prince and Jerry Bailey riding Hap?""$3.3-million? Well, I got the three . . . hell I don‚t even have the three."--The ever quotable Denny McCabeMarketing Tool of the Week:
Ice Cream. Bluewater Sales has a barn full of yearlings and cart full of ice cream at the sales. We don't know anything about the horses but that ice cream sandwich this morning hit the spot.Name of the Day: No Deadline (sixth race). Tell that to our printer.
Friday: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a thunderstorm. High around 85F. Winds SW 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30%.Friday night: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a thunderstorm. Low around 62F. Winds mostly N to NW less than 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 30%.Saturday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s.Sunday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.Monday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 50s.Contact Sean Clancy via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 518-581-1947.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY