From The Saratoga Special, reprinted with permission"The gem of consistency."--Fan to Bill Mott as he went to the winner's circle after the Hall of Fame Stakes"The stars can't talk and they have a very short shelf life." --Emmy and Eclipse Award winning author Frank DeFord about one of the problems in horse racing in his Hall of Fame address"You just hope you stay healthy for the rest of the meet . . . the rest of the year . . . forever." --Jockey John Velazquez after winning eight races in two days"I had a set of horses on the track at 10:00. I changed in my office." --Trainer Bill Mott on getting to the 10:30 Hall of Fame induction"Thank you, y'all." --The closing of jockey Earlie Fires‚ Hall of Fame speechWeather:
Tuesday: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a thunderstorm. High near 87F. Winds W 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.
Tuesday night: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a thunderstorm. Low around 67F. Calm winds. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.
Wednesday: Sunny. High near 87F. Winds W 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Thursday (24 hours): Sunny. Highs near 90 and lows in the mid 60s.
Friday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 80s and lows near 60.Contact Sean Clancy via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 518-581-1947.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record