From The Saratoga Special, reprinted with permission"Basically if you're running a horse at what he's meant to do then you don't have to do many tricky things. The toughest thing is try to take a sprinter and run a mile and a half. If I tried to make Texas Glitter run a mile and a half I don't care what I did, I could train him all day, and it's not going to matter."--Trainer Todd Pletcher"The Guid"--Stitched into the left shoulder of Mark Guidry's flak jacketMark Twain once wrote that the difference between the right word and the almost right word is like the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. Try this comment from a consignor to a possible client, overheard at the sales ground.
"She's got a good temper."
Hmmm. Did he mean she's got a good temperament? Or did he mean she's a raging dish thrower when she gets mad? Name of the Day:
Hey we're in Saratoga: Congress Park in the third.5,900
Dollars it would cost trainer Chip Miller to get from the first at Delaware to the seventh at Saratoga to the last at Colonial Downs. The trainer decided to stay in the Mid-Atlantic, "Better cash a big ticket to pay for that one."Contact Sean Clancy via e-mail at email@example.com or telephone at 518-581-1947.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru