Carl Pollard's Caressing, winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies last year, and Juddmonte Farm's Flute, winner of the Kentucky Oaks this year, have been entered in Saturday's $250,000 Delaware Oaks along with 12 other 3-year-old fillies. The grade III race will be run at 1 1/16 miles at Delaware Park.Caressing will be ridden by Pat Day, and Flute by Jerry Bailey. Flute is the 5-2 morning-line favorite, with Caressing the 4-1 second choice.Caressing, the 2-year-old filly champion last year, won her seasonal debut -- the La Troiene Stakes at Churchill Downs May 3. Trained by David Vance, the filly then finished fifth in the Acorn Stakes at Belmont Park June 8.Flute, a daughter of Seattle Slew, has a win and a second in two starts this year. Trained by Bobby Frankel, Flute finished second in the Santa Anita Oaks March 10 before her Kentucky Oaks victory.Here's the complete field for the Delaware Oaks, with post position, horse, jockey, and weights, and morning-line odds:1 Poetically, Dave Clark, 115 pounds.
2 Steiners Baby Girl, Ramon Dominguez, 115.
3 Hunka Hunka Lori Z, Robert Colton, 117
4 Caressing, Pat Day, 115.
5 Two Item Limit, Richard Migliore, 122.
6 Emery Board, Brent Bartram, 117.
7 Strike It Up, Harry Vega, 117.
8 Anclote, Joe Petersen, 117.
9 Zonk, Mike McCarthy, 115.
10 Kain's Prize, Travis Dunkelberger, 115.
11 Lady Andromeda, Jesus Castanon, 115.
12 Quick Blue, Emile Ramsammy, 122.
13 Flute, Jerry Bailey, 122.
14 Mystic Lady, Filberto Leon, 122.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong