Fan Club Mister a Local Arlington Classic HopefulP. Miessler & C. Raber's Fan Club's Mister, who won the $100,000 Canterbury Derby in Minnesota in his last start, will represent local horsewoman Rickey Harris in Saturday's Arlington Classic."He's a very nice colt," said the conditioner during training hours mid-week. "My only trepidation is 'Can he run a mile and an eighth?' Other than that, he's ready to go. I know he's a good miler, and he ran a big number in a mile and a sixteenth race at Gulfstream this winter."But in his two mile-and-an-eighth races, the Spiral and the Illinois Derby, he didn't run well," Harris said. "He had bad trips in both of those races, so I'm hoping the grass will be different. I know he likes the turf."If he runs good Saturday," Harris concluded. "I'll run him in the other two races (American Derby and Secretariat). If he doesn't, than we'll be shopping for a mile and and mile-and-a-sixteenth races."
Sunday's Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup TurfThe 70th running of the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) will be run Sunday at 1 1/2-miles on the grass, and On Target Racing Stable's Williams News, winner of last year's edition, is set to defend his championship.According to Arlington stakes coordinator Chris Polzin, likely to oppose Williams News, now a 6-year-old, are: Catherine R. Willis' Craigsteel, third in Keeneland's Elkhorn (gr. IIIT) at last asking April 25; Gary Tanaka's Falcon Flight, fifth in the Charles Whittingham (gr. IT) June 10; and M. Conway, K. Hoffman and Team Canonie's Profit Option, second in the $100,000 Louisville Handicap June 2.Possible for the Stars and Stripes are: Chorwon and Three Wonders.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards