The Breeders’ Cup announced Sept. 15 that it has entered into an exclusive relationship with Bulgari, the renowned Italian jeweler and watchmaker, for the 25th running of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships.
Bulgari is the first Breeders’ Cup partner in the timepiece category. Bulgari will create a limited edition version of its new Diagono Tachymetric Chronograph to gift the winning connections of the 14 championship races.
The 2008 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, will feature 14 races Oct. 24-25 at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif.
On Oct. 22, Bulgari with unveil the watch at a private brunch hosted by the Breeders’ Cup chief executive officer Greg Avioli and his wife, Cheryl, at the Bulgari boutique on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
The Diagono Professional Terra features a tachymeter on the bezel, which is essential for measuring speed. The new model designed for The Breeders Cup has the logo engraved on the back of the case.
“The Bulgari brand represents elegance and style around the world, it was important for us to partner with a brand that could provide that commitment to excellence and quality as we looked to present the winning connections with something special for their accomplishments during the 25th running,” said Peter Land, chief marketing officer of the Breeders’ Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile