The Jockey Club announced Sept. 4 the election of four new members: Dr. Rick Arthur, B. Wayne Hughes, Warren “Spud” Williamson and Peter Willmott.
Arthur is the equine medical director for both the California Horse Racing Board and the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of California, Davis. A member of the board of directors of Oak Tree Racing Association and Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, Arthur is active in national medication and drug testing issues and serves as secretary of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium.
Hughes is the co-founder and chairman of Public Storage, the nation’s largest self-storage company. He owns Spendthrift Farm in Lexington, and serves on the board of directors of Breeders’ Cup Ltd. He breeds and races under his own name.
Williamson is chairman of the Chandler Trusts and the former chairman and CEO of Chandis Securities Co. He serves on the board of directors of Oak Tree Racing Association. He breeds under Williamson Racing LLC and races under his own name.
Willmott is president of Willmott Services Inc., a retail holding and consulting company. He is treasurer of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, and serves on the organization’s board of trustees and as chairman of TOBA’s American Graded Stakes Committee. He breeds and races under the Willmott Stables banner.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru