The Jockey Club announced Sept. 4 the election of four new members: Dr. Rick Arthur, B. Wayne Hughes, Warren “Spud” Williamson and Peter Willmott.
Arthur is the equine medical director for both the California Horse Racing Board and the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of California, Davis. A member of the board of directors of Oak Tree Racing Association and Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, Arthur is active in national medication and drug testing issues and serves as secretary of the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium.
Hughes is the co-founder and chairman of Public Storage, the nation’s largest self-storage company. He owns Spendthrift Farm in Lexington, and serves on the board of directors of Breeders’ Cup Ltd. He breeds and races under his own name.
Williamson is chairman of the Chandler Trusts and the former chairman and CEO of Chandis Securities Co. He serves on the board of directors of Oak Tree Racing Association. He breeds under Williamson Racing LLC and races under his own name.
Willmott is president of Willmott Services Inc., a retail holding and consulting company. He is treasurer of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, and serves on the organization’s board of trustees and as chairman of TOBA’s American Graded Stakes Committee. He breeds and races under the Willmott Stables banner.
Most Popular Stories
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win