The next highest price at German’s leading yearling sale was 100,000 euros.
Last year’s record top price of 710,000 euros was also for a Monson colt bought by Rudger Alles for Baron George von Ullman.
In a statement, BBAG officials said: "In spite of the still difficult situation in German racing and the driving rain, the atmosphere was very positive at the first session. The reserves were realistic and the bidding went smoothly most of the time. The arguably strongest catalogue in the sale's history was supported by the quality of the individual yearling."
The sale concludes Sept. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Csaba Successful in Fred Hooper Defense
- In The Fast Lane Takes Cape Fillies Guineas
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014