The next highest price at German’s leading yearling sale was 100,000 euros.
Last year’s record top price of 710,000 euros was also for a Monson colt bought by Rudger Alles for Baron George von Ullman.
In a statement, BBAG officials said: "In spite of the still difficult situation in German racing and the driving rain, the atmosphere was very positive at the first session. The reserves were realistic and the bidding went smoothly most of the time. The arguably strongest catalogue in the sale's history was supported by the quality of the individual yearling."
The sale concludes Sept. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture