It was by far the highest price made during the opening evening session Sept. 3 of Germany’s leading yearling sale. The next highest seen was 100,000 euros.
Last year’s record top price of 710,000 euros was also for a Monson colt bought by Rudger Alles for von Ullman.
In a statement, BBAG said: "In spite of the still difficult situation in German racing and the driving rain, the atmosphere was very positive at the first session. The reserves were realistic and the bidding went smoothly most of the time. The arguably strongest catalogue in the sale's history was supported by the quality of the individual yearling."
The sale concludes Sept. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in HK Vase
- Akeed Mofeed Takes Hong Kong Cup
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel