It was by far the highest price made during the opening evening session Sept. 3 of Germany’s leading yearling sale. The next highest seen was 100,000 euros.
Last year’s record top price of 710,000 euros was also for a Monson colt bought by Rudger Alles for von Ullman.
In a statement, BBAG said: "In spite of the still difficult situation in German racing and the driving rain, the atmosphere was very positive at the first session. The reserves were realistic and the bidding went smoothly most of the time. The arguably strongest catalogue in the sale's history was supported by the quality of the individual yearling."
The sale concludes Sept. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered