According to the Henderson Gleaner, three men wearing bandannas stepped behind the clerk’s counter in the track’s Sky Theatre restaurant shortly after 6 p.m. Track owner Ron Geary said one man brandished a pistol as they attempted to take two money bags.
One of the clerks knocked the gun to the floor while attempting to grab one of the bags, the newspaper reported, and the clerks called for help and then struggled with the robbers. The men ran from the restaurant, dropping the bags as they left.
Geary reported the clerk who dislodged the gun had minor scrapes and bruises, but there were no other injuries in connection with the incident.
Although Geary said no money was taken, the Gleaner reported the sheriff’s department, which is investigating the case and looking for the suspects, said an undisclosed amount was missing.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident