Darn That Number, a colt by Numerous, was purchased by Greg Rand for $100,000 just four hips prior to the session topper. The bay colt, the second foal out of stakes-placed Darned Alarming, worked three-eighths on Saturday, stopping the timer in :34. He was consigned by Ricky Leppala as agent.
For the session, 108 juveniles sold for $2,029,600, compared with 210 that grossed $3,163,700 in last year's single session. The average was $18,793, up 24.7% from $15,065 a year ago, while the median price of $10,000 was identical to 2000's median price. The buyback rate was 36.8% compared with 26.8% a year ago. J.J. Pletcher was the day's leading buyer with two for $112,000. Choctaw Racing Stable was next, taking home the session topper for $105,000, followed by Joe Brocklebank with two for $100,000. Eleven horses brought $50,000 or more, compared with five last year.
The sale concludes today.
Complete results can be found at www.obssales.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points