According to a release from Great American Group, which is conducting the auction, the sale will consist of 2,500 lots, including racing memorabilia, art work, track equipment, and restaurant/bar equipment along with the commercial assets of the track.
Inspection of the items will be conducted at the San Mateo track from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (PST) Aug. 22, with the auction beginning daily at 10 a.m. (PST) Saturday-Monday.
The Aug. 23-24 sessions will feature all non-commercial assets of the track, including memorabilia and art work, track equipment, and restaurant/bar equipment. The Aug. 25, session will include all commercial assets of the track.
A live web cast of the auction will also be available with real-time bidding.
Bay Meadows has led a long and colorful history. The great Seabiscuit was a two-time winner of the Bay Meadows Handicap, which has been run continually since 1937. Pari-mutuel wagering was also introduced to North America at the track and it was the first track to use the tote board, all-enclosed starting gate, and photo-finish camera.
List of items and details of the auction from the Great American Web site
Most Popular Stories
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- TOBA November Member of the Month
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014