The grade II-winning stallion, who was foaled in Chile in 1997, will permanently relocate to Western Australia’s Gingin-based Cromartry Park in time for the start of the 2008 breeding season.
The deal came about after Cromartry Park principal Olga McKenzie was tipped that the stallion prospect was available. She immediately boarded a plane and headed to Kentucky to inspect the sire.
Then, after ensuring the smooth transition of his quarantine procedures, McKenzie commented: "He looks in outstanding shape and is totally ready to start his stud duties."
Seinne, who most recently stood at Springland Farm in Kentucky where his stud fee was private, was a multiple group I-placed star in Chile, before heading to the United States to continue his racing career. Among his seven lifetime wins was a victory in the 2002 Arcadia Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
The stallion is a half-brother to group I-placed Classical Lady, who is out of multiple group I-placed stakes-winner White Lady.
Seinne is by boom Arrowfield Stud stallion Hussonet, who has also sired Australian 3-year-old champion and six-times group I-winner Weekend Hussler, and fellow Australian group-I winner Reaan.
Cromartry's 2008 stallion roster also includes Investor's Dream (FOA), Lord's A Leaping ($3,500) and Redoutable ($4,000).
Most Popular Stories
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- KY-bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes