There were 59 tickets correctly choosing six winners. Each was worth $60,499.40.
The July 27 Pick Six Pool easily surpassed the track’s previous all-time biggest, $3,555,771, which was established on Aug. 15, 1998.
A string of longshots at Del Mar July 26 led to a record Pick Six carryover at the racetrack of $1,561,987 heading into the July 27 program. The carryover was the result of three consecutive days in which no tickets hit all six races.
Del Mar’s previous high carryover for the multi-race wager was $1,117,973 on July 29, 1990.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Bogdan, Former NY Breeders Lobbyist, Dies
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- 'Night of the Stars' to Benefit CKRH
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail