The 12-year-old stallion, who is a multiple grade II-winner and grade I-placed sprinter in the U.S., broke Distorted Humor 's 7-furlong track record at Churchill Downs, then later was rated the second highest-weighted sprinter world-wide for colts of 1996.
"(He) has been sold to continue his stallion career at the newly established M'Drak Stud Farm in Vietnam,” said Lindsay Park of his former stallion location.
Kentucky-bred Alannan in 2001 won both the Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) and the Lane's End Churchill Downs Handicap (gr. II). He stood at Lindsay Park in 2007 for $8,250.
Stakes-winning stallion Lions Gate (Danehill-Kensington Gardens, by Grosvenor) will also relocate from Lindsay Park to M'Drak Stud, Park said.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale