The 12-year-old stallion, who is a multiple grade II-winner and grade I-placed sprinter in the U.S., broke Distorted Humor 's 7-furlong track record at Churchill Downs, then later was rated the second highest-weighted sprinter world-wide for colts of 1996.
"(He) has been sold to continue his stallion career at the newly established M'Drak Stud Farm in Vietnam,” said Lindsay Park of his former stallion location.
Kentucky-bred Alannan in 2001 won both the Commonwealth Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) and the Lane's End Churchill Downs Handicap (gr. II). He stood at Lindsay Park in 2007 for $8,250.
Stakes-winning stallion Lions Gate (Danehill-Kensington Gardens, by Grosvenor) will also relocate from Lindsay Park to M'Drak Stud, Park said.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays