Borgemenke, who was hired by MEC in January, left the position effective July 18, the company said in a news release that was issued after 5 p.m. According to a quote attributed to Borgemenke, it’s not completely clear if the former executive still has some sort of affiliation with the company.
“I wish my friends there nothing but success, and will continue to provide any counsel I can,” he said in the statement. “I will watch intently as the MEC team implements its strategic plan. Unfortunately, at this point in my life, my corporate and family responsibilities conflict."
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile