Borgemenke, who was hired by MEC in January, left the position effective July 18, the company said in a news release that was issued after 5 p.m. According to a quote attributed to Borgemenke, it’s not completely clear if the former executive still has some sort of affiliation with the company.
“I wish my friends there nothing but success, and will continue to provide any counsel I can,” he said in the statement. “I will watch intently as the MEC team implements its strategic plan. Unfortunately, at this point in my life, my corporate and family responsibilities conflict."
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays