The $50,000 Luke Kruytbosch, for 3-year-olds at six furlongs, will be the Oct. 3 feature for the Phoenix, Ariz., track.
“Luke meant so much to all of us at Turf and he will be forever in our hearts,” said Turf Paradise president and general manager Eugene Joyce in a news release. “We thought it fitting to memorialize him in the very thing he loved most: a horse race.”
Kruytbosch, 47, who had been Turf Paradise’s announcer since 1993, also served in that capacity at Churchill Downs and Ellis Park since 1999.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points