On the Stonestreet Web site, a poll has been posted to ask whether respondents want to see Curlin continue with a turf campaign, dirt campaign, race on synthetics, or be retired. In his turf debut, Curlin finished second July 12 to Red Rocks in the Man o’War (gr. I) at Belmont Park. Previous to the race, Jackson had said the Man o’War would serve as a litmus test to determine if Curlin would be sent to France for Europe’s most prestigious race, the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
As of noon Wednesday, July 16, the response 40% in favor of continuing to race Curlin on turf, with 34% of respondents favoring dirt, and 21% favoring a synthetic surface campaign. Only 5% voted in favor of retirement.
“Curlin is not only a hero to me and my family but also to thousands of fans,” Jackson said on the Web site. “With so many people supporting Curlin and this future, I am asking all racing fans where they think Curlin should go next.”
Curlin is now in Saratoga with the string of horses from trainer Steve Asmussen's barn.
Click here to vote and see results
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup