Kruytbosch, who has served as announcer at the two Kentucky tracks for the last 10 years, was found in the morning after failing to appear at an Ellis Park affair, according to a Daily Racing Form article, which cited Churchill Downs officials.
The Evansville (Ind.) Courier & Press reported the cause of death was likely due to natural causes, possibly related to coronary disease, citing an official with the Vanderburgh County (Ind.) Coroner's Office.
Kruytbosch, a Virginia native, previously served as a track announcer at Hollywood Park, Turf Paradise, Kentucky Downs, and Ruidoso Downs, among others. He was single and had no children.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014