Gaming Control Board chairman Dennis Neilander has said the federal government believes Internet gaming is illegal. He said he wouldn't license Internet gambling without U.S. Justice Department approval.Internet gambling industry revenue is expected to grow from $1.5 billion in 2000 to $6 billion by 2003, according to the New York investment banking firm Bear, Stearns & Co. More than 800 off-shore Internet gambling sites exist.
Meanwhile, on the federal level, legislation that would prohibit Internet gambling could resurface in the next few weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet