Gaming Control Board chairman Dennis Neilander has said the federal government believes Internet gaming is illegal. He said he wouldn't license Internet gambling without U.S. Justice Department approval.Internet gambling industry revenue is expected to grow from $1.5 billion in 2000 to $6 billion by 2003, according to the New York investment banking firm Bear, Stearns & Co. More than 800 off-shore Internet gambling sites exist.
Meanwhile, on the federal level, legislation that would prohibit Internet gambling could resurface in the next few weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile