Overall, it ranks sixth in Hollywood Park history and will move to fifth when final advance deposit wagering reports are in.
The racing program, which also included the Vanity (gr. I) and Triple Bend (gr. I) Handicaps, was boosted by a three-day Pick Six carryover of $1,197,009.42. An additional $3,778,778 was wagered on the Pick Six for a total pool of $4,975,787. There were 257 perfect tickets, each worth $12,827.80. There were 7,916 tickets with five winners, each worth $113.60.
The total handle figure includes on-track, satellite, interstate, and preliminary ADW totals.
The top daily handle in Hollywood's history was $67,096,242 recorded for the Breeders' Cup on Nov. 8, 1997. The previous handle record for a race day that did not include a Breeders' Cup or a Triple Crown race was $22,707,698, established on Gold Cup Day June 30, 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory