Overall, it ranks sixth in Hollywood Park history and will move to fifth when final advance deposit wagering reports are in.
The racing program, which also included the Vanity (gr. I) and Triple Bend (gr. I) Handicaps, was boosted by a three-day Pick Six carryover of $1,197,009.42. An additional $3,778,778 was wagered on the Pick Six for a total pool of $4,975,787. There were 257 perfect tickets, each worth $12,827.80. There were 7,916 tickets with five winners, each worth $113.60.
The total handle figure includes on-track, satellite, interstate, and preliminary ADW totals.
The top daily handle in Hollywood's history was $67,096,242 recorded for the Breeders' Cup on Nov. 8, 1997. The previous handle record for a race day that did not include a Breeders' Cup or a Triple Crown race was $22,707,698, established on Gold Cup Day June 30, 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day