The Breeders’ Cup announced June 30 that it has reached an agreement for Horse Racing Radio Network to become the exclusive national radio network for the 2008 Breeders’ Cup World Championships.
HRRN will provide live coverage of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships on Oct. 24-25 from Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California. The agreement grants HRRN exclusive rights for terrestrial and extraterrestrial broadcast of this year’s event. HRRN will provide three hours of live coverage of Championship Friday from 3:30-6:30 p.m. ET, and will continue on Saturday with live coverage from 1-7 p.m. ET. Mike Penna and Pete Kules, founders of HRRN, will co-host the Breeders’ Cup broadcasts with analyst Jude Feld.
“The Breeders’ Cup is Thoroughbred racing’s most prestigious event,” said Mike Penna, co-founder of HRRN. “HRRN is proud to be the official radio partner of the Breeders’ Cup and be able to share these spectacular racing days with a worldwide audience.”
“HRNN has demonstrated their success in getting the Breeders’ Cup carried on affiliate stations across the country and we look forward to having them as our exclusive national radio partner,” said Breeders’ Cup chief marketing officer, Peter Land. “Their ability to clear signals and provide an informative broadcast, ensures that Thoroughbred racing fans will be able to enjoy a consistent and entertaining broadcast.”
Most Popular Stories
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk