O’sotopretty was bred and sold by Lantern Hill Farm. A daughter of La Turk, by Turkoman, she was purchased for $13,000 from Lantern Hill's 2007 Keeneland September Yearling Sale consignment by trainer Dale Romans for owner Frank L. Jones Jr.
She won the 5 1/2-furlong maiden test on a sealed, sloppy track by five lengths. Racing against more experienced rivals, she challenged after three furlongs and took over in the stretch to draw away under jockey Robby Albarado in a winning time of 1:08.
The grade II winner Soto is a son of Dehere out of Subtle Fragrance, by Crafty Prospector. He stands at Walmac Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- KY-bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity