O’sotopretty was bred and sold by Lantern Hill Farm. A daughter of La Turk, by Turkoman, she was purchased for $13,000 from Lantern Hill's 2007 Keeneland September Yearling Sale consignment by trainer Dale Romans for owner Frank L. Jones Jr.
She won the 5 1/2-furlong maiden test on a sealed, sloppy track by five lengths. Racing against more experienced rivals, she challenged after three furlongs and took over in the stretch to draw away under jockey Robby Albarado in a winning time of 1:08.
The grade II winner Soto is a son of Dehere out of Subtle Fragrance, by Crafty Prospector. He stands at Walmac Farm near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Csaba Successful in Fred Hooper Defense
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- In The Fast Lane Takes Cape Fillies Guineas
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali