Caribbean Sunset was third, a further three-quarters length back in the one-mile race for 3-year-old fillies. Favored Spacious finished fourth.
Lush Lashes struggled to finish fifth as the favorite when she raced 1 1/2 miles in the Juddmonte Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) June 6, but preferred the shorter distance.
“She was in a lovely position and traveled well all the way,” jockey Kevin Manning said. “She stays well and I think she just didn’t handle Epsom when she ran there. I’m very pleased with her. It makes my job easy when she has the pace and she stays.”
Lush Laces rated in fourth place in the 11-horse field before Manning pushed her along to challenge the pacesetting Nahood with more than a quarter-mile to run. She got the lead with more than a furlong left and pressed her advantage from there. Infallible was in good position to challenge the winner after rallying from mid-pack in the straight, but could not match strides. Caribbean Sunset edged Spacious for third in the final 100 yards by a half-length.
The victory provided Manning and trainer Jim Bolger with a group stakes double on the day following Cuis Ghaire’s three-quarters of a length triumph earlier on the card in the Albany Stakes (Eng-III).
Bolger also saddled New Approach to win the Vodafone Derby (Eng-I) June 7.
Bred in Great Britain by Mrs. A.M. Jenkins, Lush Lashes is by Galileo--Dance for Fun, by Anabaa.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury