The Ken Maddy Laboratory at the University of California-Davis reported that blood and urine samples taken from Indian Weaver, a horse conditioned by Sierra, exceeded allowable levels for clenbuterol. It is a Class 3 violation.
Indian Weaver ran second in the first race at Bay Meadows April 11. Stewards disqualified the horse and ordered a partial redistribution of the purse.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY